This is a replica of the 1941 fire hall built in Bridgeport. It houses the first fire engine of 1940 that Bridgeport had. It is still driven in local parades. It was and is a volunteer fire department. The sign also is a replica of the first sign made at a cost of $12.
There is many artifacts of the equipment first used and pictures of some of the fires they fought. There are also pictures of some of the first men who were part of this department.